Director & Founder: Dr. Jennifer Kaywork
EdD: Elementary and Early Childhood Education (Rutgers University)
MS: Family and Child Development (Virginia Tech)
BSEd: Elementary and Early Childhood Education/Child and Family Development (University of Georgia)
Welcome to Parent PhD! I am a specialist in early childhood education and child/family development. I am also a mom of two. I have experience working with children of all ages, but my primary focus is 0-5 years old. I developed and currently coordinate the Early Childhood Education program at Dominican College in Orangeburg, New York. In this program I train preservice teachers to work with young children from Birth-2nd Grade. Parent PhD is my way of sharing a glimpse of what I teach my future teachers with parents and caregivers of young children.
While my philosophy of early childhood education stems from many theorists and curricula, I was fortunate enough to work in a Reggio-inspired child development laboratory at Virginia Tech, and I have studied under the key figures from Reggio Emilia both in the United States and Italy. My work and research with them and at the lab school gave me a thorough understanding of the Reggio Emilia Approach, and I incorporate many of it’s principles into my education of early childhood preservice teachers. I also bring the approach to early childhood centers and work with them to become “Reggio-Inspired.” See my posted entitled “Transforming your school to become more Reggio-Inspired” for more information about Parent PhD’s program.
Parent PhD provides:
- Information and about young children’s learning and development paired with simple materials and learning experiences.
- Consulting services for families and schools/childcare centers in early childhood education/child development.
- Information and in-house training about the Reggio Emilia Approach and how to make your school/center “Reggio-Inspired.”
For Families: In home consulting about child development, children’s learning and parenting strategies.
For Schools/Childcare Centers: Teacher training, curriculum development, school/classroom philosophy and program development.
- Please feel free to use any of the ideas found on this website. If you do, please tell us about it by commenting on the post.
- Please link to the original post if you are sharing it on a blog or site.
- Please do not repost an entire post or distribute printed out content from a post without written permission from Parent PhD. You can contact Dr. Jenn at email@example.com to obtain permission.